Deadline: 10 January 2015
Open to: holders of a first higher education degree
Scholarship: €48,000 for category A/ €23,000 for category B
The Mundus Journalism Master’s is a two-year, truly transnational degree providing a solid foundation for analysing and reporting global changes. Building on journalistic skills, the degree offers a unique combination of journalism, media studies and the social sciences.
The Mundus Journalism programme consists of a common year for all students at Aarhus University and the Danish School of Media and Journalism, and a second specialism year at one of the programme’s other four European partners:
- Business and Financial Journalism (City University, London)
- War and Conflict (Swansea University)
- Media and Politics (University of Amsterdam)
- Journalism and Media across Cultures (University of Hamburg)
Some students also have the option of spending a semester abroad at one of the programme’s non-European partner universities during the second semester of the first year: University of California at Berkeley; University of Technology Sydney; and Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile.
In order to be eligible students must have obtained a first higher education degree before the course start of the Mundus Journalism.
Category A scholarships can be awarded to students from countries other than the 28 EU member states and the EEA-EFTA states (Iceland, Liechtenstein, and Norway). Furthermore, students must comply with the 12 months rule: being not a resident nor have carried out their main activity (studies, training or work) for more than a total of 12 months over the last five years in the above mentioned countries. The five-year reference period for this rule is calculated backwards as from the application submission deadline.
Category B scholarships can be awarded to any student from Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, The Netherlands, Portugal, the UK, Sweden, Cyprus, Estonia, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Malta, Poland, Czech Republic, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Norway, Lichtenstein or Iceland who does not fulfill the criteria for a Category A scholarship.
- Category A scholarships are expected to be worth €48,000 for the 2015-2017 programme.
- Category B scholarships are expected to be worth €23,000 for the 2015-2017 programme.
In order to apply you must fill in the Category A form or Category B form depending on which criteria you match. The application form and all the other documents must be combined into one PDF file (not exceed 10 MB). The name/title of the PDF file must be your full name and the application category (Category A, or Category B).
Please attach the PDF file to an e-mail, which should be sent to one of these e-mail addresses depending on your choice of specialism:
- Media and Politics at University of Amsterdam, Netherlands: [email protected]
- Business and Financial Journalism at City University London, England: [email protected]
- Journalism and Media Across Cultures at University of Hamburg, Germany: [email protected]
- War and Conflict at Swansea University, Wales: [email protected]
The deadline to apply is 10 January 2015.
If you have any questions regarding the application process please contact: [email protected]