Deadline: 1 March 2015
Open to: everyone
Prize: EUR 7,000
Restile is the contest promoted by Mirage and created for young planners and designers, aimed at identifying new aesthetic horizons for the production of ceramic tiles. A project that, as its, objective, has the goal of finding innovative product solutions that are no longer based on style on trends but on an alternative approach to redefine the vision of porcelain tiles.
Restile sets out to define a product or a collection that is, Innovative, via an original interpretation of the material and look of the product itself. A porcelain slab is characterised by the texture of the material surface and by the visual impact of its graphics. By the term collection we mean a series of ceramic tiles that share a common concept and are developed in different colours and sizes.
Anyone over the age of eighteen can take part in the ResTile contest. Anyone below the age of eighteen can only take part if authorised by parents and/or legal guardians.
The jury of the contest will award a winner and a maximum of seven mentions of honour:
- First place winner will receive € 7,000 cash prize and the opportunity to personally display the work at the Mirage project point during the “Salone Del Mobile 2015” in Milan. Travel and lodging expenses will be paid by Mirage;
- The Runner up will get € 2,000 and Exhibition of the project at Mirage project point in Milan during the Salone Del Mobile 2015;
- Third Place wins € 1,000 and Exhibition of the project at Mirage project point in Milan during the Salone Del Mobile 2015;
- From 4th to 7th place: Special award with opportunity to showcase the project at Mirage project point in Milan during the Salone Del Mobile 2015.
The minimum required output is a series of documents that describe, in a comprehensive way, the final aesthetic image of the product. Mode of applying is online. Required documents for the project presentation.
- Summarised description of the project, a maximum of 4,000 characters (including spaces) stating the title of the project and the inspiration, the file must be in ISO A4 vertical, pdf format.
- Graphic documents (drawings, rendering, etc.) able to clarify the aesthetics, the material (surface finish), the colour range and sizes; the file must be in ISO A4 vertical, pdf format. Maximum 5 tables in A2 format.
- Power-point presentation of maximum 12 slides presenting the concept of the project.