Deadline: 15 March 2015
Open to: candidates from non-EU countries
Scholarship: tuition, accommodation, monthly allowance
Romanian Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the Ministry of National Education, in keeping with Romanian current legislation offer 85 scholarships for under- and post-graduate studies in Romania to citizens of non-EU countries.
The scholarships are granted for three levels of study:
- for the first cycle (licenta): dedicated to graduates of high schools or of equivalent pre-university systems, as well as to candidates who require the equivalent of partial studies and the continuation of their studies in Romania. The complete cycle of university studies lasts for 3 to 6 years, according to the specific requirements of the chosen faculty, and ends with a final examination (licenta);
- for the 2nd cycle (master): dedicated to graduates of university/post graduate studies; it lasts for 1,5 to 2 years and ends with a dissertation;
- for the 3rd cycle (doctorate): dedicated to the graduates of university/postgraduate studies (i.e. master); it lasts for 3-4 years, in keeping with the specific requirements of the chosen faculty, and ends with a doctor’s thesis.
Priority will be given to the candidates applying for: political and administrative sciences, education studies, Romanian culture and civilization, journalism, technical studies, oil and gas, agricultural studies, veterinary medicine, architecture, music, arts, music.
The study language is the Romanian language. The candidates who do not know Romanian are offered one supplementary preparatory year to study the language.
Candidates from non-EU states. Priority is given to citizens from non-EU states with which Romania does not have cultural and education cooperation agreements.
- free-of-charge tuition;
- free-of-charge accommodation;
- financial support – a monthly amount representing :
- EUR 65 per month, for the under-graduate students (1st cycle),
- EUR 75 per month, for post-graduate students (master degrees and specialization) 2nd cycle
- EUR 85 per month, for post graduate students (doctor’s degree) 3rd cycle.
To get all necessary information about the scholarships (conditions, necessary documents, enrollment calendar) and to submit their application files, the candidates should apply directly to:
- the Romanian diplomatic missions accredited to the candidate’s country of origin or of residence or to
- the diplomatic mission of candidate’s state of origin accredited to Bucharest
The deadline for submitting the application files is established by each diplomatic mission. The candidate should enquire at the diplomatic mission about the enrollment calendar, starting 3 December 2014. Foreign diplomatic missions accredited to Bucharest must send the application files to Ministry of Foreign Affairs by 15 March 2015, at the latest.
For further information read the official call HERE.