Deadline: 15 February 2015
Open to: Non-US students with one year experience in computer science or web development
Fellowship: US $2,000 per month for 3 months
A career at TechChange means working on educational projects that address some of the most pressing global challenges of our time. It also means being part of a dream-team of incredibly creative and tech-savvy colleagues dedicated to meeting their own high standards and inspiring those around them to new heights.
TechChange is excited to announce a summer fellowship program for recent graduates and rising college seniors. The fellowship will provide practical training in web development as well as a unique exposure to a range of applications and organizations using technology to tackle a variety of global challenges — from creating prosthetic limbs with a 3D printer to combating malaria with mobile devices.
As a fellow you will spend three months designing and implementing a web development project related to education, technology, and social good.
For US citizens (Check this link there are several open job positions at the TechChange)
- Be a current junior, senior, or a recent graduate;
- Have at least one year of experience in computer science or web development;
- Possess an interest in international relations, international development, humanitarian work, and social good;
- Be self-starting and willing to have a little fun too.
It helps if you also have (but it is not required):
- Proficiency in Node.js, Django, or PHP;
- Experience with Browserify/CommonJS patterns;
- Familiarity with Grunt, Gulp, or other build tools;
- Knowledge of NoSQL databases;
- Teaching or curriculum design experience.
- One-on-one mentorship with TechChange staff;
- Field trips to organizations working in technology and social change;
- An event series on a range of topics related to technology and social change;
- A $2,000 monthly stipend for 3 months;
- A round-trip plane ticket to DC from a location within the US;
- Support with job placement at the conclusion of the fellowship.
The fellowship is open to non-US citizens based outside of the US willing to cover their own visa & travel processes and expenses. The fellowship is also open to non-US citizens based in the US with student visas or other legal working status.
Deadline for application is 15 February 2015.
You can submit your application for the TechChange Summer Fellowship at their official website at the bottom of the page.