Deadline: 20 February 2015
Open to: Ph.D students, young professionals, and NGO’s members familiar with environmental management, green industry and resource efficiency
Venue: 29 June- 10 July 2015 in Budapest, Hungary
The United Nations Industrial Development Organization (UNIDO) Institute for Capacity Development is organizing a new summer course on “Green Industry: Pathways Towards the Industry of the Future”. The programme consists of two separate courses: a four-week online part and a two-week in-residence part, that will take place from 29 June-10 July 2015, being organized together with the Central European University (CEU) in Budapest, Hungary. Participation in Module 1 (on-line self-learning module) and in the on-line discussions will be a precondition for attending in-residence Module 2.
Now running for its fourth consecutive year and with some 400 alunmi from countries all around the world, the Green Industry summer course provides participants with the opportunity to put the concept of “Green Industry” into practice and help improve industry’s environmental performance. Participants will:
- reflect on the technical requirements of green industrial development as well as on the strategies, policies, laws and regulations necessary for its successful implementation;
- examine institutional platforms for the promotion and dissemination of resource efficient and cleaner production methods and economically viable, socially equitable and environmentally sustainable technologies;
- develop strategies for a Green Industry in line with socio-economic and environmental goals and targets.
- PhD students focused on technical and/or policy aspects of green industry.
- Emerging, second-in-line young leaders in the public or private sector responsible for managing policy or operations related to Resource Efficient and Cleaner Production (RECP).
- Members of Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs), involved in environmental advocacy and staff from industry, support institutions responsible for giving advice/counsel to Small and Medium Scale Enterprises (SMEs) on RECP methodologies, environmental management systems (EMS), low carbon measures, eco-design, etc.
All the participants will be expected to arrive with an understanding of global and national framework conditions for green industrial development, as well as be fluent in written and spoken English.
UNIDO offers full and partial funding for selected participants. The full SUN Scholarship will include tuition fee waived, free accommodation in a single room, stipend and a full or partial travel grant.
Further information about the financial aspects is available HERE.
In order to apply you must complete the online SUN Application Form and upload a full CV (including list of publications), a statement of purpose and a copy of an English language certificate (if available).
The deadline to apply is 20 February 2015.
For any enquiries about the application process please contact: email@example.com.
One thought on “Summer Course “Green Industry””
ITS EVERYONE DREAM MINE TO LIKE OTHER STUDY IN ABROAD WHY SOME PEOPLE THINK GIRLS CANT HELP US TO PROVE GIRLS MAY STUDY AS BOYS