Deadline: 10th March, 2015
Open to: representatives of youth organisation, network, pool of trainers etc who already have some relevant experiences of European level youth work education and training activities
Venue: Strasbourg, France
The Youth Department of the Council of Europe has open call call for participants for TRAYCE – Training of Trainers for Youth in the Council of Europe, a long-term training of trainers in non-formal education with young people. First residential seminar will be held 12 – 23 June 2015. The training course aims to support the quality development of non-formal education activities in the Council of Europe through the development of competence of trainers active in the youth field. The training of trainers in non-formal education will provide an opportunity for participants-trainers to develop the level of quality of their work, and to improve their competences to design, run and evaluation non-formal education and training activities with young people within the value framework of the Council of Europe.
This training for trainers is organized in several phases as follow:
- Preparation for the first residential seminar (mid – April to June 2015);
- First residential seminar (12 – 23 June 2015);
- Practice and online learning (June 2015 – autumn 2016);
- Second residential seminar (autumn 2016);
- Evaluation of the course (during autumn / winter 2016).
The Participants should:
- come from and be supported by a youth organisation, network, pool of trainers, community etc.;
- have an educational function, doing non-formal education activities and be motivated to improve their work or identify the need to improve their training activities;
- be in a position to apply what they have learnt in the course in their education and training practice;
- subscribe to the values and approaches of the Council of Europe;
- have already some relevant experiences of European level youth work education and training activities;
- have the readiness and possibility to run a practice project during the course, on themes related to human rights issues, the situation of young people from disadvantaged neighbourhoods, discrimination, intercultural dialogue, vulnerable groups etc.;
- be able to work in English;
- have ICT competences and regular access to internet during the course;
Meals and accommodation for the residential seminars will be provided and paid for by the Council of Europe. Travel costs for the seminars will be fully reimbursed according to the Council of Europe rules.
There is an enrollment fee to the course of 60 Euros is payable by each participant. This amount will be deducted from the amount to be reimbursed for travel expenses or paid during the residential seminar.
Shortlisted candidates may be contacted for a short online interview. The selection of participants will be finalized by 30 March 2015
For more information please check the official website