Deadline: 30 April 2015
Open to: researchers, practitioners and PhD scholars active in the field of public administration
Venue: 9-10 September 2015, Belgrade, Serbia
Think for Europe Network organises the conference Improving Performance of Public Administration: Current Experiences and Future Perspectives and invites all researchers and practitioners to submit papers for presentation at the conference. The conference addresses the experiences and future perspectives in improving performance in the public administration in the European context. Suggested guiding topics for papers include:
- Evidence-Based Policy Making as a Precondition for Performance of PA: using evidence in policy formulation, policy monitoring and evaluation, result based approaches in policy making, evaluation as a tool for organisational learning;
- Public Administration, Performance and Accountability: performance measurement and budgeting, linking performance with accountability, managerial accountability, ’Europeanisation’ of public administration in the context of PA performance;
- Performance Audit and Policy Evaluation: effectiveness of government spending and/or policies, impact of performance audit on policy cycle, correlations/links between performance audit and policy evaluation, etc.
- Researchers working on performance in the public administration, including various aspects of the policy cycle;
- Practitioners dealing with policy making and evaluation, as well as performance audit in the European context;
- Scholars and PhD candidates active in the fields of public administration, public management and related fields.
Costs of accommodation in Belgrade and travel costs will be covered for up to 15 participants, based on available funding.
All interested candidates should submit a single file containing a short Curriculum Vitae (max. 2 pages) and an abstract of the proposed conference paper (max. 500 words) by 30 April 2015 at the latest, registering on the online application system.