Deadline: 15 May 2015
Open to: students worldwide with interest in cross-disciplinary research in science, engineering, computing, and related aspects of medicine
Scholarship: $3,200 per month, computer, book and conference allowance.
The National University of Singapore (NGS) offers generous direct-PhD Scholarships to outstanding students of all nationalities who have strong research potential. NGS embraces students trained in a wide variety of relevant subject areas who have the talent to see that true innovation knows no artificial boundaries. The research-intensive programme enables students to achieve research excellence and compete with the world’s best.
- Graduates with a passion for cross-disciplinary research in science, engineering, computing, and related aspects of medicine;
- Graduates with at least 2nd Upper Honours, or equivalent qualifications;
- GRE is compulsory for students applying from overseas. Only strongly recommended for graduates from local institutions, e.g. NUS or NTU;
- TOEFL is compulsory (ONLY applicable for applicants whose native tongue or medium of undergraduate instruction is not in English).
- Student must commit to PhD from the outset, cannot exit with MSc.
- Monthly stipend of $3,200 will be provided up to 4 years of the PhD studies, or up to the date of graduation, whichever is earlier;
- Tuition fee subsides for 4 years
- Other allowances: computer, book and conference allowances
Students must commit to PhD from the outset, cannot exit with MSc.
How to apply?
Your must start the application process HERE. Please refer to the instructions from the Faculty/School with which you are applying before you proceed to apply online. It is mandatory for candidates to complete and submit the online applications personally. Assure that you have all the compulsory sections completed (academic qualifications, languages, test details: GRE is compulsory for international applicants and also TOEFL/IELTS, compulsory for applicants whose native tongue or medium of undergraduate instruction is not in English; achievements, referee associations etc)
Please note, that applicants will be notified on the confirmed receipt of your application package within approximately 4 weeks after the respective application closing dates.
After you fill in your online applicaiton form, all supporting documents, together with a printed copy of the application form need to be submitted by post to:
NUS Graduate School for Integrative Sciences & Engineering (NGS)
Centre For Life Sciences (CeLS)
28 Medical Drive, #05-01
All details about application process as well as terms and conditions are available here. Deadline for submitting applications is 15 May, 2015
For more information please check the official web-site.