Deadline: 30 April 2015
Open to: Teams of young people, between 13 to 18 years old and coming from the 28 EU member states
Prizes: a trip to Milan, Italy for attending the EU Contest for Young Scientists in September 2015, plus other prizes
The European Commission, as part of the “Science: It’s a girl thing!” campaign opens a contest call that aims to encourage girls to engage in the fields of science. Science is all around us. From quirky phenomena to stunning science in action, the contest wants you to see what’s grabbing your attention. Your photo should not include any images of identifiable people.
Who can apply?
- Teams of young people, between 13 and 18 years old have the chance to express their views to this question “What does science mean to you?” by capturing it in a photo;
- Teams should be made up of three people from the 28 European Union Member Sates, with a minimum of two girls;
- No team member can participate in more than one team.
- 1st Prize winning team will get a trip to Milan, Italy, to attend the European Union Contest for Young Scientists (EUCYS) in September 2015 for no more than 3 days;
- 2nd Prize winning team will be offered an ICE Watch branded with the campaign’s visual identity;
- 3rd Prize winning team will be offered a Xoopar Boy/Girl Bluetooth Speaker branded with the campaign’s visual identity.
How to apply?
If you want to apply for this competition you have to meet the following conditions:
- Photos can be submitted every month between the 16th of the month (from 00:01 CET) until the last day of the month (at 23:59 CET), to the dedicated Science: It’s a girl thing!? website;
- Only one photo per team may be submitted.
- The photos will be judged through an online voting system, with three winning teams based on the results of online voting.
- The twelve monthly winning entries will then will then be submitted to a jury which will determine the final three winning teams of the competition. Voting will be open from the first day of the month (from 00:01 CET) until the 15th of the month (at 23:59 CET).
- The monthly winners will be announced on the website during the week after the voting period. The final three winning teams will be announced on the website on 25th May 2015.
For more information, please check the official web-site.