Deadline: 6 July 2015, 5 p.m.
Open to: all the filmmakers with creative mind and original ideas
Prizes: different amount of prize money depending on specific award
Filmmakers worldwide! Accept the DepicT! challenge and get creative in just 90 seconds. Why 90 seconds? It will challenge you to think creatively and to cut ruthlessly. More importantly, it will get you and your work noticed. It doesn’t matter what your budget is or what genre you’re working in. The entry is absolutely free and the result depends only on your creativity and originality.
The competition is open to anyone from anywhere in the world.
There are different awards in DepicT! 2015 competition:
- Main DepicT! Award – £1500 cash + Lifetime membership to Shooting People;
- DepicT! Royal Photographic Society Cinematography Award – £1000 cash;
- Shooting People Audience Award;
- DepicT! British Special Mention Award – A special package of support which will both promote the winning 90-second film and further develop the filmmaker’s skills including:
- A tailored package of industry support from BAFTA, including a mentoring session and 6 month’s free access to BAFTA’s Learning & Events programme;
- A place on a short course at the National Film and Television School in 2015;
- Lifetime membership to Shooting People, plus e-mentoring from senior SP members. Please note that DepicT! British Special Mention Award is open to UK production only. More information HERE.
All DepicT! 2015 Shortlisted entrants will get:
- Film exposure and promotion through depict.org, at Encounters Short Film & Animation Festival and through associated partners;
- An Encounters Network Delegates pass with all the trimmings, including tickets to the popular DepicT! showcase and the prestigious Encounters Awards Ceremony;
- Half price Shooting People membership.
How to apply?
For application is necessary to submit films online HERE. The deadline for entries is 5 p.m. on 6 July 2015. The films have to meet following requirements:
- The duration of your film(s) must not exceed 90 seconds including titles and credits;
- DepicT! is open to short films of all production techniques, including animation, documentary, drama, experimental or artist film and hybrid work. Advertisements will not be accepted;
- Only films completed since September 2014 may be submitted;
- The maximum number of entries per individual is ten;
- If the original language is not English, please ensure that the film includes English subtitles;
- The primary contact completing the submission process must be authorized to submit the film(s) and must have obtained necessary permissions for the inclusion of copyrighted music and/or images within the films;
If your film(s) is /are shortlisted, you will be asked to send in a higher resolution version. For more specific information click HERE.
For more information please check the official website.