Deadline: 27 May 2015
Open to: 12 youth aged 18-30, nationals or legal residents of Italy, Czech Republic, Slovakia, and Turkey
Benefits: accommodation covered for 2 months in Macedonia, pocket money for the duration of the project and travel expenses to/from Macedonia
As part of the European Voluntary Service Project “EVS Support, Report and Sport”, Mladiinfo International is going to host 12 young people from Italy, Czech Republic, Slovakia and Turkey who will be facilitators and support staff for the 17th European Women’s Youth Handball Championship to take place in the month of August in Macedonian capital – Skopje. The participants will spend 2 months (from 1 July to 31 August 2015) in Macedonia in the cities Skopje and Struga where they will get more deeply into NGO work and sport journalism and multimedia. In addition, they will coordinate the work of 30 other young journalists and media makers who will be also acting as EVS volunteers during the Championship and will make media stories from the tournament.
If you are a young person ready to gain important professional skills in event management, journalism and youth work, as well as if you are eager to get a life-time experience by volunteering and meeting more than 40 young people from 17 European countries, then this project is a perfect opportunity for YOU!
As an EVS volunteer and facilitator, you will:
- Help the organizing team of Mladiinfo International in managing the event;
- Undergo a small training for project logistics by Mladiinfo International;
- Participate at a small training for web content management by Mladiinfo International;
- Help and support the team of 30 young journalists coming also through an EVS project in Macedonia to develop their media stories, helping them find sources, finding contacts, giving them ideas how to improve their stories;
- Organize the daily activities of the young journalists together with the team of Mladiinfo International, contributing to the agenda-setting and being a link between the organizers of the Handball Championship, Mladiinfo and the volunteers;
- Learn how to write and produce interesting media content from the the 17th European Women’s Youth Handball Championship;
- Assist the core team of Mladiinfo in some administrative tasks: paper-work, logistics, project coordinating.
Who can apply?
Mladiinfo International is looking forward to host young people who are:
- Aged 18-30;
- Coming from or being legal residents of Italy, Czech Republic, Slovakia and Turkey;
- Interested in event management and youth work;
- Interested in sport, healthy lifestyle and handball;
- Communicative, inspirational, open-minded, vision-driven and results-oriented;
- Fluent in English;
- Eager to learn, grow personally, help their community and be ready to share the knowledge with their peers in their home-countries.
Which costs are covered?
All costs for participation (accommodation, pocket money, travel to/from Macedonia) in the project will be covered for the selected volunteers. The reimbursement of the travel costs differes according to country and is done upon presentation of original bills: for Italian participants the travel costs will be reimbursed up to EUR 180, where as the Slovak, Czech and Turkish participants will have their travel costs covered up to EUR 275, according to the rules of the Erasmus + programme.
How to apply?
If you are interested in this EVS position, please send us your CV and one page-long letter of motivation including the answer of the following questions:
- Why you want to be an EVS volunteer?
- What you want to learn during my EVS stay in Macedonia?
- What experience in youth work, media, and intercultural events you bring?
- What are your future plans and why this project is relevant for your professional and personal development?
The deadline for application is: 27 May 2015. Please send your two documents at: [email protected] and do not hesitate to write us if you have any additional questions. In the subject of your e-mail please indicate the name of the EVS project: Support, Report and Sport.
Looking forward to seeing you in Macedonia!