Deadline: 17 May, 2015
Open to: candidates currently studying or recent university graduate with a focus on political science/marketing / communications (particularly welcomed are applicants via the Erasmus or Leonardo da Vinci programmes)
Benefits: EUR 380 housing allowance, 6-months experience of working in small and international experience
EuropeanIssuers is a Brussels-based association which represents the interests of publicly traded companies in Europe. EuropeanIssuers’ aim is to serve the interests of its members by ensuring that their views as users of capital markets are heard in the debates on company law, corporate governance and capital market regulation. Members of EuropeanIssuers include both national associations and quoted companies from all sectors across 15 European countries.
EuropeanIssuers’ secretariat consists of 4 people, but it shares offices with our French and Italian member associations AFEP and Assonime, so that there are around 10 people in the office in total.
EuropeanIssuers are looking for:
A full-time intern to join its Brussels-based team for 6 months. The successful candidate will be responsible for identifying and contacting possible target members. The ideal candidate should meet the following requirements:
- Good research skills and attention to detail;
- Good communication skills: proficient knowledge of English both speaking and writing is essential; knowledge of French is a plus;
- General knowledge of EU institutions and legislative processes and interest in EU politics is a must;
- Interest in capital markets and companies’ ability to access market finance;
- Good IT skills (especially MS Office software, Google analytics and cloud computing);
- On-going studies or recent university graduate with a focus on political science/marketing / communications (particularly welcomed are applicants via the Erasmus or Leonardo da Vinci programmes);
- Available to start at the end of May or beginning of June 2015.
Main duties and responsibilities
Main projects related to policy research:
- Monitoring legislation on EU official websites and updating Policy Scorecard
- Drafting newsflashes and uploading on EI website
- Assisting with organisation of member working groups / Attending conferences, meetings and other events and reporting back
Main projects related to membership management and targeting:
- Researching best practice regarding membership retention and recruitment;
- Maintaining and researching registers of engagement with member and targets.
- Updating the contacts database and assisting with other activities on request.
You are offered:
- Internship for a period of 6 months
- Acquiring practical knowledge of how EU lobbying works;
- Obtaining good understanding of the EU legislative processes and of the impact of EU regulation on non-financial companies;
- Experience of working in small but international team;
- Experience of living in Brussels;
- Housing allowance of 380 euro net a month.
Please apply in English with CV and cover email to Susannah Haan, Secretary General, via [email protected] by 17 May 2015.