Deadline: 30 June 2015
Open to: individuals, public or private non-profit organizations or institutions from around the world
Prizes: honorary distinction, public recognition and EUR 4,000 reward
The International Catalan Institute for Peace (ICIP), created by the Parliament of Catalonia in 2007, is a public organization, with the characteristics of an institution, but independent of the Government and private entities, and with its own legal personality. ICIP aims to promote a culture of peace in Catalonia and around the world, to facilitate the peaceful resolution and transformation of conflicts, and to ensure that Catalonia plays an active role as an agent of peace. To make this possible, the Institute works towards human security, disarmament, the prevention and peaceful solution of conflicts and social tensions, the strengthening and establishment of peace and coexistence, peace-building and the defense of human rights.
Eligible for this Award are those individuals, public or private non-profit organizations or institutions from around the world that throughout their actions and career have made an outstanding contribution to the construction and promotion of peace.
The ICIP Peace in Progress Award 2015 consists of an honorary distinction, public recognition, a sculpture created by Adolfo Pérez Esquivel, Nobel Peace Prize winner, and a EUR 4,000 reward.
How to apply?
- Fill in the online application form;
- Present a copy of the agreement of the governing body of the organization that is presenting a nomination, approving the presentation of the nomination;
- Attach a profile or biography of the proposed individual, organization or institution;
- Present a declaration of the nominee expressing agreement to participate in the competition for the ICIP Award;
- If necessary, one may submit letters of support in favor of the individual, organization or institution proposed.
For any questions contact ICIP team at [email protected]
For more information, please visit the official web-site.