Deadline: 10 June 2015
Open to: EU citizens or residents aged 15-30 interested in the construction sector
Prizes: an official diploma and the last generation smartphone
The European Commission is organizing an on-line video competition to attract young talents to the construction sector. Submit a short video showcasing your innovative project, vision, or idea for the construction sector and take a chance to win a smartphone and gain visibility at European level. The construction sector offers plenty of opportunities. It generates almost 10% of EU GDP and provides 20 million direct jobs. It is a key solution-provider for the societal challenges current society faces, such as reaching our energy and climate objectives, preparing for an ageing society and offering smart living solutions.
Participants can be individual natural persons, a group of natural persons or legal entities. Natural persons should be EU citizens or at least residents in one of the 28 EU Member States. Legal entities should be established or at least based in one of the 28 EU Member states. Two categories of participants can compete:
- Apprentices – Category for participants who are 15 and 20 years old, have participated in an educational project with class or within their apprenticeship, or simply have a new vision for the construction sector.;
- Masters – Category for participants who are 18 and 30, young workers or in their final years of studies, with an idea or project that can change the way we approach construction.
Please note that each video can be submitted in only one category.
Two winners will be designated in each category by a jury composed by 5 experts. The European Commission plans to award maximum 4 videos. The prizes are an official diploma delivered by the European Commission, recognizing the high quality of the video showing innovativeness in the construction field and a last generation smartphone.
How to apply?
The deadline for applications is 10 June 2015, 22:00. To submit the video please use dedicated submission tool HERE. The submitted videos should respect the following criteria:
- Maximum weight: 300MB
- Maximum length: 2 minutes
- Accepted formats: .avi, .mov, .mp4
- Language: the video should be in English, or have English sub-titles.
For more information please follow the official page.