Deadline: 28 July 2015
Open to: nationals of the EU or EEA with two years of experience in administrative support and with a level of secondary or post-secondary education
Remuneration: monthly salary EUR 2,892 – EUR 3,703
The European Securities and Markets Authority (ESMA) is looking for candidates for the position of Administrative Assistant and aims to establish a reserve list of about 15 suitable candidates for future recruitments. The position is based in Paris, France. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing overall administrative support to the Head of Unit/Division and the respective Unit/Division/team. The job holder will be responsible for providing general administrative and secretarial support, involving some of following areas, such as:
- Organisation and follow-up of internal and external meetings, as well as business trips and mission reimbursement requests;
- Minutes taking, follow-up of information flows and deadlines, managing calendars/agendas;
- Drafting correspondence, preparation of relevant reports, statistics, databases, notes, presentations and proof-reading of documents;
- Registering, distributing, printing, copying documentation, maintaining physical and elec-tronic documents, shared files, correspondence and requests for clarification according to established filing procedures and relevant rules;
- Providing support in preparation and follow-up of the budget;
- Management of mails, including potential filtering and redistribution within the team;
- Preparation and follow up of financial transactions;
- Administrative support in contract management and in all steps of tender procedures;
- Keeping track of work in progress and ensuring the follow up of assigned tasks until completion;
- Managing office supplies;
- Acting as a first point of contact for internal and external queries;
- Maintaining and updating ESMA intranet mini-site and/or website;
- Performing any other secretarial and administrative tasks, as deemed necessary.
To be considered eligible, candidates must satisfy all the eligibility criteria listed below:
- Two years of experience in administrative support, related to responsibilities mentioned under “Description”;
Experience in providing support in financial transactions;
Excellent written and oral English;
- Have a level of post-secondary education attested by a diploma or a level of secondary education attested by a diploma giving access to post-secondary education and after having obtained the diploma, 3 years of proven professional experience;
Be a national of a Member State of the European Union or the EEA (Norway, Liechtenstein, Iceland);
Enjoy full rights as a citizen;
Have fulfilled any obligations imposed by the applicable laws concerning military service;
Produce the appropriate character references as to their suitability for the performance of their duties;
Have thorough knowledge of one of the languages of the European Union and a satisfactory knowledge of another language of the European Union.
Monthly salary will be EUR 2,892 at grade 8 step 1 or EUR 3,273 at grade 9 step 1 or EUR 3,703 at grade 10 step 1, plus specific allowances where applicable.
How to apply?
The application form has to be saved as follows: ESMA_2015_VAC12_FGIII_FAMILY NAME_First name.
Indicating in the subject line of the email: ESMA_2015_VAC12_FGIII_FAMILY NAME_First name.