Deadline: 18 September 2015
Open to: BA graduates in Economics, Politics and International Relations, History, Languages and Cultural studies
Scholarship: varies according to the scholarship provider
MIREES is a joint program offered by the University of Bologna- Forlì Campus, Italy, together with the Vytautas Magnus University at Kaunas, Lithuania, the Corvinus University of Budapest, Hungary, and the St. Petersburg State University, Russia. Enrolled students spend the first year in Forlì. In the second year a minimum of 5 months will be spent at one of the Partner Universities or at an associated partner University, including the University of Ljubljana and the University of Zagreb. Mobility grant is offered to all enrolled students, thanks to Erasmus+ or the MIREES mobility.
The International Joint Master of Arts in Interdisciplinary Research and Studies on Eastern Europe (MIREES) is taught entirely in English (120 ECTS). The curriculum offers interdisciplinary, in-depth knowledge of post-socialist countries in transition, new EU member states, and new East-European neighbor countries. Students develop language skills by learning one Eastern European language (3 levels of Russian, Bosnian-Croatian-Serbian, Bulgarian, Lithuanian, Slovak; Hungarian is available in the second year).
MIREES combines a strong academic component with professional training, preparing students to become consultants, analysts and area experts for international agencies, public administrations, private and public companies, and NGOs, while also offering a solid basis for further studies at the PhD level.
For admission to the Master of Arts in “Interdisciplinary Research and Studies on Eastern Europe” students must have:
- First Cycle Degree (or a certificate of study obtained abroad and recognised as being suitable), in one of the following disciplinary fields: Law, Economics, Social Sciences (Political science, Sociology, Political Geography, Demography, Gender Studies, Psychology, Anthropology), Humanities (History, Philosophy, Literature, Language Studies, Cultural studies) and Agriculture;
- Knowledge of English language of at least B2 Level, according the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (TOEFL computer-based of at least 213 points or TOEFL paper-based of at least 550 points or TOEFL Internet-based of at least 79 points; IELTS of at least 6.0 points; FCE – B; a B2 level certificate in English released by a University Language Centre). This attestation is not requested to English mother-tongue speakers and to candidates who obtained a first-cycle degree in a anglo-saxon Universities;
- Suitable personal preparation, assessed on the basis of the documents submitted by the candidates;
- Basic IT skills.
MIREES programme will offer 5 Fee Waivers of EUR 4,000 (EUR 2,000 per academic year). Study grants, scholarships, fee waivers and student benefit are available, more information you can find HERE.
The assessment of a suitable personal preparation is carried out by a joint international Examining Board on the basis of the documents submitted by the candidates:
- Application form and motivation letter (form downloadable from Studentionline);
- Provisional study plan (form downloadable from Studentionline);
- Graduation certificate with a list of exams passed;
- 2 reference letters;
- English certificate of B2 level among IELTS, TOEFL, FCE, a certificate issued by a University Language Centre.
Please read it carefully the official call before applying.
If you have any questions please contact:
Ms Elisa Landi
Degree programme secretariat
e-mail: [email protected]
Ms Sanja Kajinic, PhD
Mirees Academic tutor
e-mail: [email protected]
Deadline for applying is 18 September 2015.
For more information please visit the official website.