Deadline: 18 August 2015
Open to: photographers around the world
Prizes: USD 500 for each selected photograph
Pearson is the world’s leading learning company, with 40,000 employees in more than 70 countries around the world. Whether it’s through new digital learning products in the US, developing qualiﬁcations and assessments in the UK, training school leaders in the Middle East, teaching English in China, or educating professionals through content from the Financial Times, they’re helping people make measurable progress in their lives through learning across all life stages.
Photographers around the world are being offered a rare opportunity to have their photography judged by the Rakin, the influential British portrait and fashion photographer and co-founder of Dazed & Confused magazine, as part of collaboration with the world leading, learning company Person and Talenthouse, creative collaboration platform and community of artists across art design, fashion, film, photography and music.
All images should include a human presence but that can be interpreted in many ways and does not need to include a full body shot. Whether it’s a hand reaching out as someone feels their way on a rock climbing adventure pushing their own personal boundaries or a teenager showing their grandparent how to use the internet for the first time, make sure to include a “human” presence in your submissions.
All photographs should use full color and feel optimistic and engaging. Most importantly, they should always put the learner at the center. Photographers can submit up to 10 images.
- This opportunity is open globally to those who are at least 18 years of age at the time of entry. Void are prohibited;
- Artists may submit up to ten photos in JPG or PNG and no larger than 5MB;
- Artists must retain a high res version of their submission as it will be required if selected;
- Photographs must be original (meaning not using third party pre-existing copyright materials) but can be pre-existing or created especially for this opportunity;
- Photographs should include a human presence. Photographers are solely responsible for obtaining, prior to submitting, all necessary usage rights and permissions for the contents of their submission;
- Photographs should not include any trademarks or service marks of a third party or any location;
- Artists must join Talenthouse using an active email address in order to ensure they can be contacted if they are selected;
- Artists that are not selected will not give up any rights to their work, however Pearson has the rights to promote their work on their channels in connection with this Creative Invite. All artists will be credited accordingly;
- Selected Artists will have to sign a model release form and a photography assignment and consent form which assigns ownership of their work to Pearson for global usage. Selected photographs can still be used for artist’s own portfolio purposes;
- Selected Artists may also be asked by Pearson to do separate paid photography assignments;
- Selected Artists must respond to Talenthouse within two days of receiving the notification email or else will forfeit all incentives;
- Inappropriate, offensive and harmful submissions, as well as submissions that do not fit the brief and follow the guidelines, will be removed;
- No purchase necessary to enter.
Up to 20 photographs, as chosen by Pearson’s panel of judges including world renowned photographer Rankin, will be selected. The photographers will receive:
- USD 500 for each selected photograph;
- Exposure for their work across Pearson’s official channels, subject to the discretion of Pearson;
- Pearson will contact Selected Artists directly regarding the potential to work on paid projects in the future.
How to apply?
Photographers have until 18 August 2015 at 6pm GMT to submit their ideas HERE.
For more information please visit the official website.