Deadline: 10 August 2015
Open to: All men and women age 18 and
Prizes: $1500, expenses-paid trip, multimedia content showcased, all expense paid trip to Washington DC, Alliance for Artisan Enterprise design fellow.
The Alliance for Artisan Enterprise is a collaborative effort of over 64 members, including small and medium enterprises, corporations, non-profit organizations and individuals who are working together to promote the full potential of artisan enterprises around the world. The alliance will reward the most compelling content that captures the value and impact of artisan enterprises worldwide. Topics for this competition are following:
- Topic 1 “I Am Artisan”
will illustrate through multimedia the concept of the artisan as the original “maker”- an innovator and entrepreneur of beauty, design, and cultural traditional. Submit your best visual content that captures the entrepreneurial experience through the artisan’s eyes and demonstrates the micro-level impact of artisan activity to empower individual artisans, artisan families, and local communities.
- Topic 2 “A beautifull number”
will illustrate through multimedia and infographics the macro-level impact of the artisan economy. At the intersection of art, commerce, and cultural tradition, the $34 billion a year artisan economy is a beautiful number. We are seeking content that captures the artisan-consumer value exchange, how artisan enterprise helps to drive sustainable development, and the business and economic impact of investment in artisan activity worldwide.
All men and women age 18 and up are eligible to enter. The Alliance is seeking creative multimedia designs from all eligible countries and professions, including artisans, students, graphic designers, photographers, digital designers, and those just appreciate the artistry of handmade crafts as a consumer of artisan products.
Finalists will win:
- An expenses-paid trip to the Alliance Global Campaign Launch Event in Washington, D.C. in September 2015;
- Their multimedia content showcased at the September event and in future Alliance marketing materials;
- An opportunity to feature your artisan products or craft-making process at the launch event trade show.
The competition winner will receive:
- A $1500 cash prize;
- Recognition at the September event and the winning design featured in the event program;
- An opportunity to serve as the Alliance for Artisan Enterprise design fellow;
- Designs featured in the Alliance global marketing campaign.
How to apply?
Submit your entry using the online form. All submissions must be in English and received by the deadline to be considered. Your entry should include:
- A short bio about yourself. (1500 characters maximum);
- Electronic file of your multimedia content;
- A brief description of your entrY (5000 Characters Maximum).
For more information, please check the official web-page.