Deadline: 20 September 2015
Open to: international students enrolled at university, or recent graduates
Prize: two best submissions will be featured in the official eBook and the authors will be invited to attend the conference
The Riga Conference 2015 is the 10th annual high level foreign policy and defence conference held in Riga, Latvia on 6 and 7 November 2015. Always seeking innovative answers to difficult questions, the organisers of the conference are turning towards the future scholars and experts in the fields of politics and international relations, to find fresh perspectives and offer university students and recent graduates with a unique opportunity to participate at a leading regional conference and contribute their papers for the official eBook of “The Riga Conference 2015”. The organisers believe that it is the young scholars and professionals who can provide the transatlantic community with new and creative answers to problems we are facing today.
Therefore, the organizers of the conference are issuing an international call for papers from university students and recent graduates interested in writing about:
- The role of the European Union in the geo-economical world order;
- NATO in defence of global stability;
- Post-Cold War International order.
To be eligible for the competition applicants and submissions must meet following requirements:
- The author must be a student enrolled at university, or a recent graduate (recent graduates are considered those individuals who have finished their degree during 2014/15 academic year);
- The author must not plagiarise the work of others’, as it will not be tolerated;
- The submission must not be shorter than 2,000 words and no longer than 5,000 words;
- The submission has to be an original paper;
- The paper should not have been published beforehand in any journal or other such platform;
- The paper has to be written in English language;
- The paper must not be anonymous, all authors and references must be clearly noted;
- The paper must be sent in Word .doc (.docx) file.
The two best submissions will be featured in the official eBook of the conference, and the authors of the paper will be invited to attend the conference live in Riga on 6 and 7 November 2015. Other outstanding essays may also be featured, with the agreement of the author. The oranizers will cover full accommodation costs, and transportation expenses of up to EUR 400 (USD 440).
How to apply?
The deadline for applications is 20 September 2015. Interested authors should submit a manuscript to [email protected] Also mention the university that you are attending, as well as your full contact details. The articles written must be written with “The Riga Conference 2015” in mind.
If you have any questions do not hesitate to contact Mr Aivis Indāns at [email protected]
For more information please visit the official website.