Deadline: 4 September 2015
Open to: musicians and sound creatives all around world
Prize: USD 1,500 for the winner
Sonoport Singapore is running a competition for the sonification of its animated visual logo. The visual logo has 3 components: the sound wave, the shell, and the treble clef. Sonoport is creating the world’s largest sound archive, which includes sound effects, field recordings, music loops, acoustic and synth sounds. Therefore, you can use any of these sound contents to build your sound logo.
The rhythm of the visual animation combines smooth transitions with a fast pace. This is the balance between Sonoport’s two main values: sound & creativity + cutting edge technology & coding. The sound logo must include these two components.
Using the Sound Animator’s special features you can create an interactive sound logo. If you wish, you can boost your sounds with interactivity!
This competition is open for musicians and sound creatives all around world.
The winner will be contacted for all the admin procedures after announcement.
How to apply?
The deadline for application is 4 September 2015.
- The logo animation (mpeg) is available for downloading. Please do so to use it for production in your favourite DAW!;
- Submissions must be done through the Sound Animator app webpage. Please log in online;
- The Sound Animator app enables sounds and animations to be quickly and easily combined and shared online. Once registered, add your sound logo to the default Sonoport logo animation. Access the Sound FX panel to play with interactivity. The Trigger function corresponds to tap and play and has pitch shift associated parameters;
- Recommended Web Browser: please use the Sound Animator with Chrome or Safari;
- Audio Format: Wave file 24 bit 48,000 Hz.
For more information please visit the official website.