Deadline: 30 September 2015
Open to: creative teams (directors, producers, cinematographers, editors, sound recordists & designers)
Grant: crucial financial support, access to professional equipment, mentoring and professional advice
The overall aims of the Screen Institute Beirut is to support and promote film in all its forms as an important means of expression of cultural, artistic and social values.
The programmes, structures, policies and strategies are being determined and designed to meet the following general aims and objectives:
- To provide advanced level of education and training for creative film and programme makers in the film, broadcasting, educational and new media sectors of the region. Thereby making an effective contribution to the region’s socio-economic, cultural and democratic development process and sustainability;
- To educate and train students and practitioners to create and produce films and programmes to highest technical standards and encourage innovative, creative expression;
- To make available production funding, physical production resources and professional support for young professionals to allow them to produce films that would otherwise not be realised.
Applicants are encouraged to produce films based on stories that relate to their own realities.
Priority in this grant will be given to creative teams (directors, producers, cinematographers, editors, sound recordists and designers, etc.) working together on realizing their artistic visions and strengthening independent filmmaking in the region.
The documentary grants enable low-budget films to be produced, finalised and distributed by offering crucial financial support, access to professional equipment, mentoring and professional advice.
Financial support will be granted on the basis of a budget that reflects realistic, low-budget costs in the country of production. Projects will have to secure additional finance from other sources.
For each successful project, the Film Fund set up specific demands and milestones that the applicants have to meet. The grants will be released in predetermined installments and contingent on the project having met the agreed goals. The final installment will only be released when the film is completely finished and account have been submitted and approved.
How to apply?
The deadline for application is 30 September 2015.
The applicants must fill the application form.
- The application form must be duly filled in English;
- It must contain all relevant information about the applicants and the project;
- It is the responsibility of the applicants to submit the requested information;
- The application form constitutes the initial basis for processing the request for support;
- Short-listing of applications will depend entirely upon the information given;
- Additional material that may be annexed to the application will only be considered provided it is deemed relevant after the initial evaluation of the application;
- The application form and any additional written material must be e-mailed to [email protected] Hand written applications and materials will not be considered.
For more information please visit the official website.