Open to: young writers, editors, and content creators
Fellowship: position is paid
BuzzFeed is the leading media company for the social age, intensely focused on delivering high-quality original reporting, insight, and viral content across a rapidly expanding array of subject areas.
The BuzzFeed Fellowship is a three-month programme for the next generation of writers, editors, and content creators eager to master the tools and techniques of the social web. Over the course of the programme, you will learn how to create social content that readers love to share. This includes writing and editing posts tailored to BuzzFeed’s audience of social sharers, and exploring how people share on Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, Pinterest, and other social sites.
- High emotional intelligence;
- An interest in social platforms and what drives people to share content on the web;
- An understanding of Instagram, Vine, Tumblr, Snapchat, Twitter, Facebook, and why the most popular stuff on those sites becomes popular;
- The ability to meet deadlines and manage your own time in a fast-paced, dynamic environment;
- A positive, curious, playful disposition (no haters);
- A competitive drive — you enjoy winning, and really going for it;
- A genuine, wide-eyed love of pop culture in all its forms.
This is a paid position based in London office.
How to apply?
To apply, create a profile on BuzzFeed and publish a number of posts that show off your internet chops and writing prowess. How well do you get the BuzzFeed voice and style? Check out these posts to see what kinds of things perform the best on their wesbite. After you’ve published a number of posts, and only then, send an application through Greenhouse with a link to your profile, your CV, and a cover letter with a paragraph or two about you, why you’re interested in BuzzFeed, and why you think you’d be perfect for the fellowship.
For more information, please visit the official web-page.