Deadline: 1 December 2015
Open to: applicants no older than 30 years with Bachelor´s or Master´s degree from Central, Eastern and Southeastern Europe
Scholarship: EUR 8,400 per year
The Free State of Bavaria invites applications for its one-year scholarship program for students from Central, Eastern and Southeastern Europe for the academic year 2016/17 via BAYHOST. The scholarships are meant to finance doctoral or postgraduate studies (e.g. Master) at Bavarian universities. One year scholarships can be extended twice for up to 3 years. One-year study sojourns in Bavaria as part of a PhD in the home country can also be funded. The objective of the annual scholarship program is to support scientific cooperation and academic exchange between Bavaria and Central-, Eastern- and Southeastern Europe.
To be eligible for the scholarships applicants must meet requirements below:
- Have the citizenship of one of the following countries: Bulgaria, Croatia, Poland, Romania, Russia, Slovakia, the Czech Republic, Hungary, Serbia or Ukraine;
- Be living full-time in home country at the time of application;
- Be no older than 30 in the first year of your scholarship (i.e. on the 1 October 2016);
- Provide evidence of your German language skills, which should be at a level that you can master seminars and accordingly academic papers in German without difficulty;
- Be matriculated in a Master- or PhD- program at a Bavarian University, University of Applied Sciences or Art Academy of your choice during the period of your granted scholarship.
Sponsorship is initially given for one year and can – by application – be extended at most twice (to a total of three years). The scholarship is paid out monthly (EUR 700) and amounts to EUR 8,400 per year. Scholarship holders with at least one child can apply for family allowance EUR 160 per month. One-year study sojourns in Bavaria as part of a PhD in home country can also be funded, however, the funding period is in this case restricted to one year.
How to apply?
The deadline for applications is 1 December 2015. To apply please submit following documents:
- An online application form that is filled-in completely;
- A letter of motivation (1-2 DIN A4 pages);
- Proof of your German skills through an authenticated copy (this is not necessary, if your studies will be conducted in English. In that case, please submit an authenticated copy of your English proficiency and see the FAQ section);
- An authenticated copy along with an authenticated German or English translation of your university diploma;
- Proof of citizenship (copy of your passport or identity card);
- Letter of endorsement (“Betreuungszusage”) from a professor (or alternatively from the course co-ordinator of a Masters-program) of a Bavarian university or academy. A letter of endorsement is an in-formal letter in which a Bavarian professor confirms that he or she will supervise you (i.e. your dissertation or academic work);
- A tabular CV in German (or English) with a recent photo;
- Optional: additional documents on volunteering, internships, publications etc. (maximum of ten, simple copies without translations);
- For postgraduate dissertations: a two-page outline and time schedule of your entire research project.
- Birth certificate of the child and if applicable, marriage certificate (only in case you are applying for a family allowance) both as an authenticated copy and authenticated German (or English) translation.
Please send your documents to the following address:
UNIVERSITÄTSSTR . 31
Application documents sent by fax or email will not be considered.
For more information please visit the official website.