Deadline: 29 February 2016
Open to: currently pursuing a Master’s or PhD degree in Computer Science or related technical field
Remuneration: paid internship
Google’s software engineers develop the next-generation technologies that change how billions of users connect, explore, and interact with information and one another. Their products need to handle information at massive scale, and extend well beyond web search. They’re looking for engineers who bring fresh ideas from all areas, including information retrieval, distributed computing, large-scale system design, networking and data storage, security, artificial intelligence, natural language processing, UI design and mobile; the list goes on and is growing every day.
As a software engineer, you will work on a specific project critical to Google’s needs with opportunities to switch teams and projects as you and their fast-paced business grow and evolve. Their engineers need to be versatile, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic to tackle new problems across the full-stack as we continue to push technology forward. The intern will be working in Canada.
Also, you will work on their core products and services as well as those who support critical functions of their engineering operations. Depending on your background and experience, you will be working in one of the following areas:
- Product and Systems Development;
- Engineering Productivity;
- Site Reliability.
- Currently pursuing a Master’s or PhD degree in Computer Science or related technical field;
- Must be currently enrolled in a full time degree program and returning to the program after the completion of the internship.
- Experience in systems software or algorithms;
- Familiarity with TCP/IP and network programming;
- Knowledge of Unix/Linux or Windows environments and APIs;
- Excellent implementation skills (C++, Java, Python).
This is a paid internship programme.
In order to apply you should fill in the online application form and upload all required documents latest by 29 February 2016.
For more information please visit the official website.