Deadline: 13 November 2015
Open to: applicants with a degree in European Affairs, Political Science, History and Cultural Heritage with excellent command of English and French
Remuneration: a small financial compensation of EUR 400
The European Historic Houses Association is the Brussels-based voice of privately owned historic houses and gardens to the European institutions. Its membership comprises 22 national associations, representing no less than 50,000 private historic houses. The association is looking for an intern, for a period of minimum six months, starting 7 December 2015. Interns will have the following responsibilities:
- Event-organisation, including a programme of visits to historic houses in Austria;
- Administrative and secretarial tasks;
- Contact and liaison with member organizations from across Europe;
- Monitor EU legislation regarding issues affecting the organization;
- Assist in the coordination of lobby campaigns;
- Maintenance and development of the website and social media;
- Writing of reports, newsletters, articles;
- Attending and reporting on external meetings and conferences (notably at the EU institutions).
All candidates should meet following requirements:
- Excellent command of English and French, both spoken and written;
- A good command of German is also required;
- Degree in European Affairs, Political Science, History and Cultural Heritage;
- Good knowledge of and interested in cultural heritage, European policy and the role of interest groups;
- Good communication skills;
- Organized, motivated;
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural team.
The candidate must be covered by an internship agreement, which ensures that the internship is done during his or her education, or within one year after graduation.
A small financial compensation of EUR 400 is provided.
How to apply?
The deadline for applications is 13 November 2015. To apply please send your CV and cover letter to Ms. Delphine Dupeux [email protected]. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews.
For more information please visit the official website.