Deadline: 20 January 2016
Open to: engineering or science students from EU, Montenegro, Turkey, Macedonia, Iceland, Moldova
Remuneration: JPY 1,900,000 (approximately EUR 14,300)
Vulcanus in Japan is internship programme that offers opportunity for European students to spend one year in Japan. The objectives of the programme are to get acquainted with the range of advanced technologies employed by a leading Japanese host company, to learn Japanese and to understand and appreciate Japanese culture with a view to an enriching one-year experience abroad, to provide an opportunity for students to interact with Japanese business and people.
- EU, Montenegro, Turkey, Macedonia, Iceland, Moldova nationals;
- Engineering or science students (computer science, science engineering, mechanical engineering, chemical, electronics, biotechnology, electrical engineering, physics, telecommunication, nuclear engineering, materials, production systems, etc.);
- Registered for the academic year 2015/16 at an EU, Montenegro, Turkey, FYROM, Iceland, Moldova University;
- Be in at least the 4th official year of studies when applying;
- Able to take a year out.
Students are awarded a grant of JPY 1,900,000 (approximately EUR 14,300) to cover the cost of travel to and from Japan and living expenses in Japan. There is no charge for the language course and seminar, and accommodation is provided free of charge during the language course and the company traineeship.
The programme is financed by the EU-Japan Centre for Industrial Cooperation and the Japanese host company.
How to apply?
To successful application you have to prepare following documents:
- Application Form;
- Letter explaining why you wish to take part;
- Letter of recommendation;
- List of all your University grades;
- System of grading at your University;
- Certificate of enrollment at your University or letter from university administration, stamped and signed;
- Medical certificate.
Please, put all the photocopies of previous documents together (same order) in a plastic sheet, and send them in the same envelope of the originals at:
EU – Japan Centre for Industrial cooperation
Rue Marie de Borgogne 52(V)
In addition, please fill in the online form in English, with the same information that you provided in your paper application form. Deadline for applying is 20 January 2016.