Deadline: 4 December 2015
Open to: international candidates holding a doctorate degree delivered by a non-French institution with a project in one of the scientific priorities of IdEx Bordeaux
Fellowship: two-year post-doctoral contract contribution to project-related fees (travel, consumables, etc.).
The Initiative of Excellence of the University of Bordeaux is opening positions for postdoctoral fellows. High-profile international candidates from any scientific field, holding a doctorate degree delivered by a non-French institution, and wishing to achieve a further step in their career in the outstanding research environment of the University of Bordeaux, are welcome to apply. Candidates promoting an original and innovative research project in one of the scientific priorities of IdEx Bordeaux will be considered with particular attention. These comprise the following domains: materials science, neuroscience, environment and ecosystem, numerical certification and reliability, archaeology, lasers and photonics, global health, translational imaging, cardiology.
The applicants must fulfill the following criteria in order to submit an application for the program:
- Applicants should hold a doctorate awarded by a non-French institution and be in an incoming mobility situation (not having resided in France for more than 12 months in the last 3 years);
- Fellows should not hold or have previously held a research position in Bordeaux area;
- The doctoral degree should have been awarded between 4 years before the end of the present call and not later than 2 months after the end of the call;
- Applicants must promote their own research project to be carried in the laboratory of their choice for a maximum period of two years;
- Applicants must be supported by a local researcher and by his/her laboratory.
The funding includes a maximum two-year post-doctoral contract (one-year contract that may be renewed once), and a contribution to project-related fees (travel, consumables, etc.).
How to apply?
The deadline for applications is 4 December 2015. Proposals must be submitted electronically via online application. See more details on the application in th Applicant guide.
For more information please visit official website.