Deadline: 4 December 2015
Open to: applicants worldwide aged 18-25 with a keen interest in conservation and protecting animals
Venue: 17-25 September 2016, Johannesburg, South Africa
Are you a passionate conservationist aged 18-25 looking to ensure a future for animals on our planet? Are you committed to working with communities to find solutions enabling people to live and prosper alongside nature? The Youth Forum for People and Wildlife takes place in the days leading up to the 17th gathering of the world’s biggest conservation policy making forum, the Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species of Wild Fauna and Flora (CITES) . Activities during the forum include a team field excursion; skills building workshops; debates and discussions with top conservationists from around the world; as well as social events designed to give you skills that you can apply in your community and in your career as well as a taste for life in vibrant, exciting international political arenas.
In addition to attending the Youth Forum in-person in September 2016, the selected delegates will engage in learning activities both before and after the event to help them make the most of their experience. Below, is a summary of these activities and goals for their participation (see more details in Participant Requirements).
To be eligible applicants must:
- Be between the ages of 18 and 25 on 17 September 2016;
- Be willing and available to attend the entire Youth Forum in Johannesburg, South Africa, from 17-25 September 2016;
- Be able to read, understand and speak English proficiently, as determined by IFAW;
- In possession of a valid passport and fulfill all visa requirements for travel to South Africa for the Youth Forum;
- Be willing and able to commit to pre-and post-Youth Forum work requirements as outlined in the Addendum to the Application;
- Be willing and able to participate in media opportunities and promotion of the Youth Forum, such as by providing your photo, biography and quotes for use on our website and by other collaborating organizations;
- Be willing to execute a waiver form to be provided by IFAW; or if under the age of majority in their home country at the time of the Youth Forum to obtain their parent or guardian’s signature on a waiver form to be provided by IFAW;
- Be willing to agree and conform to a code of conduct during the Youth Forum to be provided by IFAW.
The successful delegates will be provided with their flights to and from Johannesburg, their accommodation, meals and any excursions as part of the Forum. Delegates will need to provide their visa (if necessary) and funds for any incidental or personal costs during the Forum.
How to apply?
The deadline for applications is 4 December 2015. To apply please email your application and required attachments to email@example.com or submit your application and attachments online HERE.
For more information please visit the official website.