Deadline: 3 January 2016
Open to: young people from Europe aged 18-30
Benefits: costs for accommodation, pocket money, insurance and travel to/from Finland will be covered
Maailmanvaihto is currently seeking volunteers for its European Voluntary Service projects. There are 9 available places for volunteers in following projects:
- English Playschool of Kangasala – a volunteer works in an English language playschool called “Kangasalan Englanninkielinen Leikkikoulu” for children aged 3 to 6 years;
- Kisälli-Harjulanmäki – Kisälli-Harjulanmäki is an organization which has two main activities: it has a nursing home called “Harjulanmäki” for mentally disabled people and a workshop called “Kisälli” which provides art and work therapy for disabled people;
- Myllylähde-yhteisö – Myllylähde is a village community with adults with special needs. It is a part of the international Camphill movement which was established to work and live with people who have special needs like learning disabilities;
- Textile Workshop Luovilla – a volunteer works in a textile workshop “Luovilla” for adults with learning disabilities;
- A-B-C Housing Services – a volunteer works as an assistant in “A-B-C Housing Services” of a non-profit non-governmental association called “Lyhty” which provides housing-, education-, and work activity services for adults with learning disabilities;
- Seurakuntaopisto – Seurakuntaopisto is specialized in social and health care education, the humanities and various church professions. It also offers prepaparatory training and guidance as well as short courses.
As a part of EVS programme this project is open to young people from Europe aged 18-30.
The costs for participation (accommodation, pocket money, insurance, travel costs to/from Finland) in the project will be covered. Please read details about the costs for participation HERE. As for specific details about accommodation during particular projects please see the official website.
How to apply?
The deadline for applications is 3 January 2016. To apply please fill in Maailmanvaihto’s EVS application form. Send your application form as an email attachment to: email@example.com. Write the project name & reference number to the subject field. Attach your application to the message and send. Photos are optional.
For more information please visit the official website.