Deadline: 7 January 2016
Open to: U.S. and international students as well as recent graduates
Remuneration: paid internship
The Associated Press offers its Global News Internship Program – a 12-week paid, individually tailored training program for students who are aspiring cross-format journalists.
Internships are offered in eight U.S. cities – Chicago, Philadelphia, Los Angeles, Phoenix, Miami, Sacramento, New York and Washington – and various international locations, including Bangkok, London, Mexico City, Greece, Moscow, Jordan, New Delhi and Tokyo.
Interns will contribute to AP’s text, video, photo and interactive reporting. Responsibilities include covering breaking news and completing a final enterprise project working across multiple formats that may be featured in many media outlets around the world.
The internship is open to U.S. and international students as well as recent graduates. Applicants must be:
- Current full-time students within two years of earning an undergraduate degree (juniors and seniors);
- Current full-time graduate students;
- Students who will graduate December 2015 or later.
This is a 12-week paid internship program.
How to apply?
- A 300-word autobiographical essay on this topic: “The Associated Press seeks to recruit and retain a workforce that embodies a wide range of talents, experiences, achievements and journalistic skills.” Please describe the qualities and accomplishments you would bring to the company as an intern;
- A resume and cover letter (please include your projected graduation date);
- Three to five examples of your work (links to a website of your clips, video, photos and multimedia work are preferred);
- A letter of reference from a previous internship or former employer.
All your documents send it to [email protected] latest by 7 January 2016.
For more information please visit the official website.