Deadline: 31 December, 2015
Open to: youth under 26, with excellent English communication skills who support and would like to join Dance4Life team
Remuneration: EUR 250 per month
Dance4Life provides young people with the knowledge, skills and confidence to protect their health and promote safe sexual choices. Dance4Life is a nonprofit that believes in the power of an attractive brand to create impact. They use the universal language of dance and the positive energy of music to connect with young people as equals: we’re in it together. If interested, you can join their team as an intern
Your challenge with Dance4Life
Your main role is to support international program and advocacy team of dance4life. Dance4life implements their activities in 18 countries so far, together with local partners, that is called National Concept Owners (NCOs). Besides local impact, Dance4Life does an international advocacy with change-makers from 7 countries.
- Supporting the international advocacy officer in the ChangeMaker project;
- Analysing UN reports, researcher, literature, making summaries for the team and updating fact-sheets among young people and Sexual Reproductive Health and Rights;
- Setting up a system for documenting personal stories;
- Creating a database of with content for advocacy purposes; UN reports and resolutions;
- Support in creating tools/manuals;
- Developing context analysis for specific countries;
- Support in internal communication;
- Assistance in collecting and aggregating monitoring data from NCOs;
- Support in organisation of international meetings (likewise meeting of all NCOs);
- Support the business development unit with research for country cases and lead opportunities.
- You have good coordination, communication and organisational skills;
- You are analytic and critical;
- You have excellent English communication skills;
- You are a flexible team player with a positive and motivating attitude;
- You have affinity with the target group of the organisation (10-24) and preferably your age is not above 26;
- You support and believe the values of Dance4Life;
- You are looking for an internship related to you current MA in a relevant area such as international development.
What’s in for you?
- An internship in exciting and dynamic organisation for around 6 months, at least 32 hours a week, staring January, 2016
- A remuneration of the internship of EUR 250 per month;
- Bio lunches in the office canteen;
- An informal working space in the heart of Amsterdam.
How to Apply?
If you are interested, please submit your resume with a short motivation letter to Tess Pairon and email [email protected] before 31st December.
Check out the official call
For more information please visit the official webpage