Deadline: videos will be received from 1 March 1 May 2016
Open to: creative individual authors- designers, illustrators, animators and groups interested in the event
Awards: various prizes are awarded to the creators of the best typographical videos (to be announced)
The Typomania 2016 International Typography Video Festival has been announced and getting ready to open for fresh new typographical videos from all around the world. Typomania is an annual type, typography, calligraphy and video feast, which aims to popularize the typography culture, be sensitive to traditions and support the most daring interesting experiments and projects. The festival is focused on young, creative, energetic people – designers, illustrators, animators. The competition of typographical videos is one of the key events of the Typomania festival. Videos will be received from March 1 to May 1, 2016.
The following entry categories are open for the 2016 competition:
- Main category — videos containing type as the active component;
- Presentation of a typeface — videos demonstrating the possibilities and particularity of a typeface;
- Movie titles (commercial and student works) — captions for movies, cartoons, TV series, TV programs;
- The visualisation of text (songs, poems or other texts) — a picture based on songs, poems or other text;
- «Typomania» category — animation of the TYPOMANIA logo.
- Only videos containing type as the active component can participate in the contest. Videos must have been created during 2014-16 years;
- Individual authors, as well as creative groups, may take part in the event;
- There are no age restrictions;
- Every contestant can send an unlimited number of entries.
How to participate?
The submission of the videos begins on the 1st of March, 2016 and ends on the 1st of May, 2016. No entry fee!
More information on the official website.