Deadline: 31 March 2016
Open to: full-time university students 18 years of age or older
Prize: 60 students will be selected as delegates to the 2016 United Nations Academic Impact Global Youth Forum, which will take place at the UN Headquarters in New York City
Write an original essay (2,000 words or less) discussing global citizenship and cultural understanding and the role that multilingual ability can play in fostering these! The essay should reflect your personal, academic, cultural and national context. Essays must be written in an official language of the United Nations that is not your first language or primary language of instruction during your primary or secondary education. The official United Nations languages are Arabic, Chinese, English, French, Russian and Spanish. 60 Students will be selected as delegates to the 2016 United Nations Academic Impact Global Youth Forum, 25-31 July, 2016, where they will create action plans related to the United Nations 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development. The students will present these action plans at United Nations Headquarters in New York City.
- You will need to demonstrate both written and verbal competency in the language of the essay;
- You must be a full-time university student, recommended and endorsed by a Faculty Member or University Representative;
- You must be 18 years of age or older by the contest deadline.
The participation on United Nations Academic Impact Global Youth Forum will be fully covered, meaning airfare, room and meals will be provided by ELS Educational Services, Inc.
How to enter?
- Write your essay according to the contest rules and eligibility guidelines.
- Share your essay with the University Faculty Member or Authorized Representative who recommended you so that s/he can attest to the fact that you have followed the contest rules.
- Have that Faculty Member or University Administrator complete the Faculty Member/University Administrator Reference Form.
- You can only submit one essay.
- Essays must be received by 11:59pm Eastern Standard Time on Thursday 31 March, 2016 in order to qualify.
More information on the official website.