Deadline: 30 April 2016
Open to: master’s degree holders from all over the world
Scholarship: salary and EUR 15,000 grant for research materials
The Hector Fellow Academy (HFA) offers fully-funded PhD positions in Natural Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine/ Psychology. The Hector Fellow Academy is a young academy of sciences which offers a platform for networking, interdisciplinary exchange and mutual inspiration to the laureates of the Hector Science Award.
In addition the Academy supports promising young researchers. PhD students of the HFA are employed PhD students of the HFA are employed as full-time research assistants at the university of the Corresponding Hector Fellow for a period of three years.
- Submission of a self-developed innovative research proposal relating to the research field of one of the Hector Fellows;
- Candidates from all over the world;
- A very good master’s degree;
- Very good English language proficiency;
- Willingness to move to the location of the university of the Supervising Hector Fellow;
- Furthermore, candidates may not have worked as student assistants with the Hector Fellow and their master’s thesis must have been supervised by a person other than the selected Hector Fellow.
The salary is determined by the institute’s guidelines and is comparable to the general pay scale of German universities (TV-L E13). In addition, Hector Fellow PhD students receive grants for material expenses for their research project (EUR 15,000) and are given the opportunity to gain interdisciplinary expertise by participating in selected management modules (e.g. international project management).
How to apply?
The application documents should include:
- Proposal of their PhD project (3,000 – 6,000 characters incl. spaces) and an abstract (max. 1,500 characters incl. spaces);
- Short project schedule/timetable;
- Name of the Hector Fellow to supervise the PhD thesis;
- Curriculum vitae;
- Summary of Master’s thesis (max. 2,000 characters incl. spaces);
- Copy of degree certificates;
- Copy of transcripts of records;
- Ranking of graduates (for students of Non-German universities), i.e., study performance in relation to fellow students;
- Two letters of recommendation by university staff;
- Application photo;
- Optionally, English language proficiency test certificate.
The application period will be open at the end of January.
Deadline for applying is 30 April 2016.
For more information please visit the official website.