Deadline: 29 February 2016
Open to: full-time journalists with at least 3 years experience in relevant field
Fellowship: USD 70,000 as as well as some additional benefits, including basic health insurance
Knight Science Journalism is seeking applications for its fellowship program and welcome science journalists from around the world to apply for this unique and career-enhancing opportunity.
The program is designed to offer a rich and varied mix of coursework, attendance at departmental colloquia, research trips, lab visits, interviews, reading, and writing.
Knight fellowship programs and activities:
- Seminars: Fellows meet regularly for seminars with top researchers and media professionals;
- Field Trips: The program organizes several trips each year to locations of special interest to science and technology writers;
- Digital Media Training: The number of storytelling channels open to journalists is multiplying, and program want their Fellows to return to the workforce with more technical skills than they had coming in;
- Workshops: Occasionally the program organizes special 1- or 2-day workshops on science, technology, and journalism issues.
To be eligible for a Knight Fellowship, applicants must:
- Be full-time journalists, whether on staff or freelance. Part-time writers or producers are not eligible;
- Have at least three full years of experience covering science, technology, the environment, or medicine;
- Be reporters, writers, editors, producers, illustrators, filmmakers, or photojournalists. They may work for newspapers, magazines, television, radio, and digital media.
Fellows will receive a stipend of USD 70,000 as well as some additional benefits, including basic health insurance.
How to apply?
Your application can now be completed online. Before starting your application, please make sure to visit the application basics page to ensure you know what the required documents are for submitting a complete application.
Deadline for applying is 29 February 2016.
For more information please visit the official website.