Deadline: 10 March 2016
Open to: youth workers working in the sphere of art and/or ecology from Europe
Venue: 1 June – 31 July 2016, Kopaniec – Medieval Village, Poland
About the Course
“2be alterNATIVE” organised by Harmony of Culture Foundation, Poland is 2 months training course for youth workers from all the Europe! The main belief of the course is that in youth work and everyday life one should be “NATIVE” with young people…with oneself. Native means Natural, unaltered and unadorned. Great experience to try out on practice all their tools and methods, and test the knowledge and skills in real life conditions! Participants will lead workshops to each other, learn from each other, moderate and participate in round tables on topics “How to support young artists, farmers and crafts man”, “How to fight with unemployment among young people we work with” etc. First month they will learn and get skills/experience. During the second month they will do art/crafts workshops with young people.
Apart of participants’ workshops there will be many other workshops:
- Self-expression and communication skills workshops;
- Art&Crafts workshops: pottery, glassmaking, wood, music, theatre, dance;
- Discussions and practical meetings on the topic of „Rural entrepreneurship”: Agro- and Eco-tourism, local cooperatives, Eco-villages. How to develop entrepreneur’ skills among young people in rural areas;
- Discussions on how be good leader;
- Activities that can help to develop leader’ skills;
- Theater workshops;
- FUNDING opportunities: how to write projects, social funds, etc.
- 25 participants from all the Europe;
- Youth workers working in the sphere of art and/or ecology.
- Accommodation during the project will be provided in small picturesque Polish medieval village – Kopaniec;
- Participants will sleep in small wooden houses or tents (you need to bring your own sleeping bag and tent);
- In cooperation with local farmers we are able to provide you with 2 meals per day;
- Reimbursement of the travel costs will be possible only if participants will use 2nd/ economy class of transport up to amount specified in info pack HERE;
- Participants will have chance to have excursions, mountain trips. These costs are not covered by the organisers.
How to Apply?
For more information please check the official call.