Deadline: 1 April 2016
Open to: students with at least 2 years of college/university interested in topics of democracy, human rights, environment, climate, peaceful resolution of conflicts and similar
Renumeration: monthly stipend USD 700
The Heinrich-Böll-Stiftung North America is a non-profit political foundation affiliated with the German Green Party. HBS acts as a catalyst for green visions and projects, a think tank for policy reform, and an international network. HBS seeks to advance democracy and human rights, protect the environment and climate, and promote the peaceful resolution of conflicts. Particular emphasis is aimed on gender democracy, meaning social emancipation and equal rights for women and LGBTI communities.
HBS works in over 60 countries worldwide, and currently maintain 31 international offices. Washington, DC office is organization that promotes exchanges in program areas through informational programs, study tours and visitor programs; special events, publications meetings, workshops and conferences; and public seminars and training programs. The duration of internship is 3 to 6 months.
The Heinrich Böll Foundation North America welcomes student applications for the following internship programs, starting September 2016:
- Sustainable Development;
- Transatlantic Dialogue;
- Climate, Energy, & Communications.
- Interns must have at least 2 years of college/university;
- Proven excellent research, writing and editing skills;
- Strong organizational and analytical skills with attention to detail;
- Creative, pro-active, self-directed and responsible;
- A genuine interest in the values and mission of the Heinrich Boell Foundation;
- Commitment to a full-time internship for 3 to 6 months;
- Experience in the desired project area;
- Proficiency of English;
- Experience with MS Office.
HBF offers a small monthly stipend of USD 700.
How to Apply?
For more information please visit the official website.