Deadline: 31 March 2016
Open to: professionals and amateurs graphic designer, artist, illustrator, poster designer or photographer around a world
Award: CAD 500 (Canadian dollars) to the winner/ participation in the festival with an award of a free pass
The 12th Montreal International Black Film Festival ( MIBFF), taking place from September 27 to October 2 2016 , is proud to launch the 3rd edition of its great international poster contest! From the Caribbean to the Indian Ocean, Africa to North America, via Europe and South America, MIBFF wants to share its most striking black cinematic discoveries while engaging in a wider cultural, social and socio-economic debate. MIBFF has become today’s largest black film festival in Canada. It is a dynamic, bold and innovative festival that fosters the development of the independent film industry and which offers a new and refreshing look on a growing, rich and original film industry.
- Everyone, both professionals and amateurs;
- Participants under the age of 18 must have parental consent to participate in the contest;
- Participation is individual, free and does not require and prerequisite registration;
- Each participant can submit up to three proposals;
- The proposal must be accompanied by a brief description explaining the artistic choice and symbolism of graphics used.
- The MIBFF will award a prize of CAD 500 (Canadian dollars) to the winner;
- The winning poster will be featured in all communications and publicity for MIBFF’s 12th edition;
- It will be used for all media and press purposes, including promotional materials, interviews, press conferences, etc.;
- The winner will be invited to participate in the festival with an award of a free pass to the majority of activities;
- However travel, hotel or related fees will not be paid by the festival.
How to participate?
You can submit your proposal online HERE.
For more information, please visit the official website.