Deadline: 4 April 2016
Open to: PhD candidates and early career scholars in pursuing innovative research projects, citizens of any nationality
Fellowships: Doctoral fellowship/1,300 EUR per month; Postdoctoral fellowship/2,093.84 EUR per month
The new Musée Du Quai Branly (Quai Branly Museum) offer research fellowships to support PhD candidates and early career scholars in pursuing innovative research projects. The museum aims to support visitors according to their areas of interest, knowledge of the museum, availability and family and social situations, by offering guided tours, storytelling tours, courses, workshops, audio guides and more. The main objective of the university is to provide high quality, comprehensive educational and training opportunities that are compatible to changing needs of the students. Since the language of instruction at French universities and colleges is French, applicants are required to prove their level of command of the French language.
- Doctoral Fellowships: Three doctoral fellowships are offered to support PhD candidates in completing their dissertation; candidates must be at least in the third year (post-fieldwork writing stage) of their doctoral program during the academic year 2016-2017 (in a university in France or abroad). This fellowship scheme is not designed to fund fieldwork or archival research. It specifically concerns doctoral studies on non-Western topics and field sites;
- Postdoctoral Fellowships: Applicants may apply for this scheme for up to 5 years after having been awarded their doctoral degree that is after the 1st of January 2011. In order to apply for the postdoctoral fellowships, the candidate’s Ph.D. thesis must be submitted at the latest by the end of 2016. No condition of nationality applies.
- The doctoral fellowships are limited to a period of 12 months (non-renewable), from October the 1st to September the 30th of each year. They consist in a monthly allowance which in 2016 will be of 1,300 EUR net and will be awarded after assessment and selection of the applications by the Museum’s Scientific Committee. No condition of nationality applies;
- The postdoctoral fellowships are limited to a period of 12 months (non-renewable), from October the 1st to September the 30th of each year. They consist in a monthly wage of 2,093.84 EUR gross in 2016.
How to apply?
To be registered, the complete application folder must be sent electronically and by post before Monday, 4 April 2016 at midnight:
- Electronically to the following address ([email protected]): the different application documents will be combined in a single pdf file which will be under 5 Mo. The application file will be named following this model: SURNAME_DOC or POSTDOC_2016.pdf;
- By post to the following address:
Département de la recherche et de l’enseignement
musée du quai Branly
222, rue de l’Université
75343 Paris Cedex 07
FRANCE (mentioning ‘Candidature Bourse doctorale/postdoctorale’ on the envelope), the application form being dated and signed.
Application form you can find here.
For more information, please check the official website.