Deadline: 29 February 2016
Open to: filmmakers from all around the world
Awards: three official awards – Onion Award, Young Onion Award and Onion Seed Award
MakeDox is an International Creative Documentary Film Festival organized by the citizen’s association MakeDox. MakeDox aims to promote creative documentary film production in Macedonia and to support documentary story telling in general. MakeDox focuses on creating a stimulating environment for the exchange of experience and knowledge of documentary creation and promotion of films with cinematographic quality, offering the creative point of view of an author, both in terms of content as well as in form.
- The films for the competition programs can be submitted by directors, producers and national film authorities responsible for representing the films;
- Only the films completed and/or publicly screened after 1 January 2014 can participate in the competition program;
- Documentary films of all running times, topics, style and production technologies can be submitted;
- MakeDox is an open‐air festival that prefers HD projections.
The official awards of MakeDox 2015 are:
- Onion Award– for Best Film in the International Competition Program;
- Young Onion Award – for Best Film by first or second‐time director;
- Onion Seed Award – for Best Short Film for children and youth;
- The official awards consist of an art work or a statue;
- Special awards can be given by the Festival, professional organizations, citizens associations, media, etc.;
- MakeDox 2016 will keep the Moral Approach Award;
- All films screened at MakeDox 2016 will be considered for this special award.
- Participation is free of charge;
- MakeDox will provide all the necessary accreditation and promotion of films;
- MakeDox may invite the director or a representative of a film and cover their travel and/or accommodation expenses.
How to apply?
Applicants are requested to email the following materials to [email protected]:
- A completed entry form;
- Online downloadable link to the film with English subtitles, if the original language of the film is different than English;
- A brief synopsis (up to 50 words) and a long synopsis (up to 300 words);
- Director’s biography/filmography;
- Director’s photography (300dpi JPEG image);
- A minimum of three film stills (300dpi JPEG image);
- A film poster in a digital format (300dpi JPEG image);
- A Trailer and/or selected clips (mpg2 format/720×576/pal/25fps);
- Press and/or promotional materials (poster, leaflet and/or press dossier);
- English language dialog list with time codes (.srt file);
- If the applicant cannot provide us with an online downloadable link, two preview DVD copies of the film are required (PAL preferred) with English subtitles, if the original language of the film is different than English.
All films must be labeled with: title, running time, country of production and format and sent to:
att. Petra Seliskar
For more information, please check official website.