Deadline: 30 April 2016
Open to: applicants from Africa, Asia and the Pacific, Europe, Latin America and Caribbean who hold the Bachelor’s or M.Sc. degrees
Fellowship: monthly allowance of 1,350 PLN (1 USD = approximately 3.9 PLN)
Applications are invited to apply for UNESCO/POLAND Co-Sponsored Research Fellowships. Fellowships will be given to undertake an individual research programme in the field of Science, Technology and Engineering.
The fellowships are offered with a view to promoting human resource capacities in the developing countries and to enhancing international understanding and friendship among nations and the people of Poland.
Since its creation UNESCO’s mission has been to contribute to the building of peace, poverty eradication, lasting development and intercultural dialogue, with education as one of its principal activities to achieve this aim.
In order to be eligible to apply, candidate must to:
- Hold the Bachelor’s or M.Sc. degrees;
- Be proficient in reading and writing English;
- Be a citizen of Africa, Asia and the Pacific, Europe, Latin America and Caribbean.
Facilities offered by Polish Authorities:
- Free tuition and access to the university facilities based on the local regulations;
- Accommodation at the AGH UST Student Campus organised for fellows by the UNESCO AGH Chair;
- Monthly allowance of 1,350 PLN (1 USD = approximately 3.9 PLN);
- A one especial allowance of 1,350 PLN to be paid upon arrival in Poland, this sum will cover different activities related to your stay in Krakow.
Facilities offered by UNESCO:
- International travel expenses;
- Health insurance for fellowship beneficiaries who are declared medically fit.
How to apply?
Candidatures should be submitted by the invited Member State. Original applications in duplicate must be channeled through the National Commission for UNESCO of the candidate’s country and communicated to Mr Stoyan Bantchev, Chief, Participation programme and Fellowships Section, by 30 April 2016 at the latest (GMT +01:00) to UNESCO mailing address.
In order to start the application process please register at UNESCO Application Form.
For more information, please visit the official website.