Deadline: 31 March 2016
Open to: all university graduates with a Master’s degree or an equivalent university degree
Scholarship: amounts to a maximum of 2/3 of the first-year gross salary for doctoral students (based on 100% salary), paid out every month
Sawiris Foundation for Social Development is offering Engineering for Development (E4D) doctoral scholarships for the year 2016. The goal of the Engineering for Development (E4D) programme is to promote the development of products or methods which are directly relevant for improving the livelihoods of poor people in developing countries. ETH Global is the staff unit for international relations at ETH Zurich. It fosters international partnerships in research and education and enhances the institution’s visibility abroad.
- All university graduates with a Master’s degree or an equivalent university degree;
- Research project topic is innovative and relevant for development;
- The expected impact for the intended target group is high;
- The research is conducted with a partner in a developing country.
An ETH scholarship amounts to a maximum of 2/3 of the first-year gross salary for doctoral students (based on 100% salary) and is paid out every month (children’s allowance is also granted – please include a copy of the birth certificate(s).
How to apply?
Applications should be sent via e-mail. The candidate has to submit the concept note, a CV and a letter of support by the supervising ETH professor in electronic format to: patricia.heuberger-at-sl.ethz.ch. Compulsory Annexes:
- Support letter of the supervising professor at ETH Zurich;
- Certificates and transcripts.