Deadline: 17 April 2016
Open to: students or graduates of International Relations, Political Science, or related field, proficient in MS Office, with German as a native language and with excellent written and verbal English
Remuneration: paid internship
ONE is a global campaign and advocacy organization co-founded by Bono and backed by nearly seven million people from around the world and every walk of life that are committed to the fight against extreme poverty and preventable disease, particularly in Africa. ONE has offices in Berlin, Brussels, Johannesburg, London, New York City, Paris and Washington DC.
The internship will be 4 months in duration, beginning in mid-May 2016. The Policy and Advocacy intern will report to the Policy and Advocacy Manager and will be based in the Berlin office.
Some of the obligations of the selected intern are following:
- Conduct research related to the priorities of ONE;
- Administrative support such as bulk mailing, invitation management, etc;
- Draft and translate briefings, analysis of reports as well as posts on the website and the blog;
- Updates of statistics and information material;
- Stay abreast of relevant parliamentary processes;
- Support the logistics of meetings, conferences, etc.
- Student or graduate of International Relations, Political Science, or related field;
- German as a native language and excellent knowledge of parliamentary and legal terms;
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills;
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint);
- Be authorized to work in the Germany without any restrictions;
- Strong team-player, self-motivation, accuracy as well as humor and a willingness to make a contribution to the fight against poverty;
- Good knowledge of development debates in Germany and of relevant German stakeholders;
- Experience in working with development-related texts and research;
- Prior practical experience is an advantage.
This is a paid internship and the successful candidate is required to work 40 hours per week.
How to apply?
In order to apply for this position please submit the following documents latest by 17 April 2016.
- An application;
- Cover letter (in English).
For more information, please visit the official website.