Deadline: 10 May 2016
Open to: students in film direction, cinematography, animation, multimedia and computer graphics
Venue: 4-24 July, Petrozavodsk/Moscow, Russia
Russian State University of Cinematography named after S. A. Gerasimov is calling international students to take part in the 8th VGIK International Summer School. The program of the VGIK International Summer School consists of two sections:
- Documentary section takes place in Petrozavodsk, an old Russian city, well-known for its history, architecture, sceneries, and its cultural heritage;
- Animation section will be held at VGIK Animation & Multimedia Department film studios in Moscow.
Note: duration period of animation section is shorter.
At the VGIK International Summer School you get engaged in various shooting-oriented workshops, tutorials, and trainings carried out by widely recognized European and Russian filmmakers.
The aim of the school is:
- To gain extra knowledge and acquire practical training in the field of cinematography;
- To establish academic and creative connections among the students of film schools from all over the world;
- To exchange knowledge and experience in the field of film education.
If you are a student of Film Direction, Cinematography, Animation & Multimedia, or Computer Graphics Department, you are welcome to apply for the VGIK International Summer School.
The organizers will provide accommodations, meals and local transportation, as well as the necessary equipment during filming sessions for selected participants.
The VGIK International Summer School will not cover your travel expenses: air tickets, Russian visa, and medical insurance. The Russian visa may be issued only by the Russian consulate in your city or country. Please, take this information into consideration before applying.
How to apply?
To send your submissions or get any further information contact via [email protected], the subject line of the e-mail should include “VGIK International Summer School”:
- Completed application form;
- One photograph;
- Letter of recommendation from a school or master;
- Trailer of a film, shot in the course of your studies at a film school, academy, or university (subtitled in English), or a link to the video;
- Synopsis or your reflections on the subject corresponding with the summer school slogan, that will underlie your documentary and animation films to be shot at the VGIK International Summer School.
For more information please visit the official webpage.