Deadline: 1 July 2016
Open to: product designers
Award: grand prize USD 20,000 / Top 100 Entries get Certificate of Achievement suitable for framing
The 14th annual “Create the Future” Design Contest has recently been open for submissions for 2016, to award innovative, new product ideas that benefits society and the economy. The Contest was launched in 2002 by the publishers of NASA Tech Briefs magazine to help stimulate and reward engineering innovation. The annual event has attracted more than 12,000 product design ideas from engineers, entrepreneurs, and students worldwide. The contest’s principal sponsors are COMSOL and Mouser Electronics with Analog Devices and Intel as supporting sponsors.
The contest is open for product designs which are not yet in production or which have been introduced to the commercial market within the last 12 months.
- Grand Prize (1) – USD 20,000;
- First Prize in Each Category (7) – TBA;
- Popular Vote Prizes (10) – TBA;
- Top 100 Entries (100) – Certificate of Achievement suitable for framing.
How to apply?
For new register account, please follow this link.
Entries must be submitted electronically per the instructions on the entry form.
For your entry to qualify for consideration, you must meet the following requirements:
- Complete the Official Entry Form and upload at least one image with your entry;
- Choose one of seven categories for your entry: Aerospace & Defense / Automotive/Transportation / Consumer Products / Electronics / Machinery – Automation – Robotics / Medical Products / Sustainable Technologies;
- Provide a description of your entry (up to 500 words) in the form of a technical abstract, in English;
- Upload at least one (but no more than three) visual illustrations.
For more information, please check the official website.