Deadline: 1 June 2016
Open to: college juniors and seniors, though some departments also accept graduate students and law school students
Remuneration: a standard competitive hourly rate of USD 10/hour (California)
Viacom is invited to apply for internship programme at Nickelodeon Animation Studio, Burbank, CA and offers internships to qualified full-time college students and the Summer Associate Program recent graduates an opportunity to put their know-how to use and get practical real-world experience.
Interns must be available for a minimum of 10 weeks.
Applicants can apply to be a NICKtern in any of the following departments:
- All majors accepted for the following departments:
- 2D/CG Animation Production;
- Animation Development;
- Archive & Resource Library;
- Human Resources;
- Office Services/Facilities;
- Original Movie Development;
- Post Production;
- Social & Connected Content (Website & Social Media);
- Special Events.
- Computer Science experience/skills required for these following departments:
- Game Engineering and Development;
- Digital Operations ;
- TV Production Technology.
- Must be available for a minimum of 10 weeks. An extension may be requested by the department following the 10 weeks, but may not overlap with the next internship semester;
- Must be available to work a minimum of two full days per week (16 hours), but some departments may require more than two days. Interns may work no more than 35 hours per week;
- Current, matriculated college juniors, seniors, and recent grads. All applicants must be enrolled in an accredited, degree-granting college/university. Graduate students, MBA candidates, and law school students also accepted;
- Proper work authorization is needed to be employed within the United States.
Internships are paid at a standard competitive hourly rate of USD 10/hour (California).
Please note that they do not offer housing. Guidance on accommodations is available upon request.
How to apply?
The mode for application is online. To be considered for Nickelodeon’s Internship Program, prospective candidates must apply via the Viacom careers website.
Application deadline for fall semester is 1 June 2016.
For more information please visit the official webpage.