Deadline: 2 May 2016
Open to: food writers, bloggers, aspiring chefs aged above 18
Prize: all-expenses-paid trip to Spain, mentorship, round-trip airfare, travel insurance
World Nomads is pleased to invite you to apply for Spanish Food Adventure which is for three culinary explorers to embark on food-fueled assignments to uncover the local recipes, techniques and attitudes that make Spain a seriously celebrated food destination.
This is your opportunity to go on an all-expenses-paid trip to learn from the producers, chefs and home cooks that are so passionately dedicated to Spanish cuisine. You could be scoffing churros and preparing patatas bravas in Madrid, cooking fideuàs and indulging in crema Catalana in Catalunya or perfecting a tortilla Espanola and gulping gazpacho in Andalucia. Important dates of each assignment;
- Andalucia; from 27 May 2106;
- Madrid; from 3 June 2016;
- Catalunya; from 10 June 2016.
Each food explorer will keep a daily blog on World Nomads documenting their culinary experiences in Spain featuring stories, photos and recipes from the road. While on assignment, all of the winners’ experiences will be filmed by an accompanying cameraman.
This call is open to food writers, bloggers, aspiring chefs, and just plain passionate eaters with a story to share fulfilling the following criteria:
- Minimum age of 18;
- Holders a current, valid passport (with 6 months left before expiry);
- All nationalities (subject to obtaining a Spanish visa), however, you must have an exceptionally high degree of proficiency in written and spoken English;
- Be comfortable in front of the camera, and sharing your emotions and opinions with the world.
- A 7-day all-expenses-paid trip to Spain courtesy of Turespana, Culture Xplorers, and the regional tourism boards of Andalucia, Madrid and Catalunya;
- Round-trip airfare from your country of residence to Spain;
- Mentorship from local Spanish chefs, cooks and artisan providores;
- Travel insurance for the duration of the trip from World Nomads.
How to apply?
In order to apply you need to cook, snap and share your most memorable food recipe.
- Submit a recipe with accompanying photos. This can’t just be any recipe, this recipe needs to come with a story;
- Tell the story behind the recipe and what makes it so special to you;
- Complete an essay telling why you should be chosen and what the opportunity would mean to you. Your answer will provide considerable weight in the judging process;
- The entry must be submitted in English.
For more information please visit the official webpage.