Deadline: 30 April 2016
Open to: students in a graduate-study program during the entire period of the internship; education in political/social science, European studies or international relations
Salary: EUR 450 per month
The Transparency International Secretariat (TI-S) is seeking a highly motivated, proactive intern to support its work in Europe and Central Asia. Transparency International (TI) is the global civil society organisation leading the fight against corruption. Through more than 100 chapters worldwide and an international secretariat in Berlin, Germany.
This internship is mostly administrative in nature, with an opportunity to pursue a personal project related to the work of the department and the interests of the successful candidate (in about an 80% to 20% ratio).
- Supporting the preparation and organization of TI’s Annual Membership Meeting in Panama, November 2016;
- Communication with, and logistical and travel preparation support to TI National Chapters and other external stakeholders;
- Administrative and financial tasks such as event logistics, carrying out reimbursements and updating databases and internal information systems;
- Help in organizing events, workshops and meetings, taking minutes during weekly staff meetings;
- Gather information (qualitative/quantitative) and support the preparation of donor reports (both narrative and financial);
- Responding to internal and external requests for information;
- Supporting staff members of the department;
- Researching and monitoring fundraising opportunities;
- Opportunity to pursue a personal project related to the work of the department.
Starting date of this internship programme is late August / mid-September 2016 and duration is 3-4 months (preferably 4 months).
- Must be enrolled in a graduate-study program during the entire period of the internship; education in political/social science, European studies or international relations desired;
- Demonstrated knowledge of the EU, the wider European and/or Central Asia region;
- Some knowledge of and considerable interest in the work of TI and the field of anti-corruption;
- Excellent spoken and written English (working language at TI Secretariat), knowledge of additional European language an asset;
- Excellent organisational and communication skills, experience in organizing events an asset;
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office applications (Word, Outlook and especially Excel);
- Some prior office experience an advantage.
The internship program is only available on a full-time basis and interns will be paid EUR 450 per month.
How to apply?
In order to apply for this internship send a maximum one page cover letter detailing your motivation and a maximum two page CV in English by email, in one pdf file, to: ECAInternshipAMM@transparency.org
The closing date for applications is 30 April 2016.
For more information please visit the official webpage.