Deadline: 20 June 2016
Open to: women scientists from all over the world
Award: EUR 100,000
Founded in 1998, the L’Oréal-UNESCO For Women in Science partnership was created to recognize and promote women in science.
The Partnership For Women in Science encourages the vocations of girls in high school, supports women in research, and recognizes excellence in a field where women are underrepresented.
Its programs reward established women scientists whose outstanding achievements have contributed to the advancement of scientific knowledge and of its benefits to society and provide support to promising young women who are already making significant contributions in their scientific disciplines. This platform will respectively enable you: to apply to the different fellowships programs, to nominate candidates, for the international awards or to participate in the different selection processes.
The 2017 edition of the Awards will designate five outstanding scientific researchers in the Physical Sciences, working in one of each of the following regions: Africa & the Arab States, Asia-Pacific, Europe, Latin America, North America.
- Scientists around the world are invited to submit candidates for the L’Oréal-UNESCO Awards For Women in Science;
- To be considered eligible for an award, it is necessary to be nominated in writing by an eminent scientist.
Each of the five Laureates will receive an award of EUR 100,000.
How to apply?
- Nominations can be submitted electronically through an online platform;
- The online registration platform will respectively enable nominating candidates for the international awards or to participate in the different selection processes;
- The call for nomination is open until 20 June 2016.
If you have already been registered you will just have to sign in to the platform.
For all new members: if you are a nominator, an applicant, an expert, an adjudicator, a jury member or president, a selection committee member, please register HERE.
For more information, please visit the official website.