Deadline: 06 July 2016
Open to: candidates with Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in international development studies, international relations, human rights, WASH, migration, agriculture, food security, gender studies, or a related field and who are fluent in English
Remuneration: USD 300 per month living allowance plus benefits
ACTED endeavors to respond to humanitarian crises and build resilience; promote inclusive and sustainable growth; co-construct effective governance and support the building of civil society worldwide by investing in people and their potential.
ACTED’s mission is to save lives and support people in meeting their needs in hard to reach areas. ACTED develops and implements programs that target the most vulnerable among-st populations that have suffered from conflict, natural disaster, or socio-economic hardship. ACTED’s approach looks beyond the immediate emergency towards opportunities for longer term livelihoods reconstruction and sustainable development.
The Project Development Intern’s tasks will focus on but are not limited to:
- Ensuring reporting from in a timely and quality manner. Standard ACTED reporting tools will be used but the PDI is also expected to liaise with programme and project managers, the monitoring and evaluation department, other departments within ACTED, and possible other actors to ensure all data provided is accurate and comprehensive;
- Assist the project development officer and manager in developing project proposals. The PDI will gather information from field teams, which feeds into the proposal;
- Drafting internal and external communication that involves the base. This includes minute taking at meetings, gathering flash news and writing success stories for the ACTED website, development of ACTED fact sheets in preparation of donor visits, and addressing ad hoc donor requests as assigned by the PDO or PDM;
- Ad hoc tasks as assigned by PDM or AC such as but not limited to updating the server, filing, writing research reports, drafting memos’s, and/ or making presentations.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in international development studies, international relations, human rights, WASH, migration, agriculture, food security, gender studies, or a related field;
- Fluent English (written and spoken), excellent writing and communication skills;
- Prior work experience with an INGO in an emergency setting preferred;
- Ability to work under pressure in a high-pace environment;
- Good organisational and prioritisation skills;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office;
- Knowledge of Arabic is an asset.
Intern benefits include:
- USD 300 per month living allowance;
- Coverage of all accommodation in the ACTED gueshouse;
- Food and travel costs;
- A luggage allowance of 50 kg;
- The provision of medical, repatriation, and life insurance.
How to apply?
In order to apply please send in English, latest by 06 July 2016 to [email protected], the following documents:
- Your cover letter;
- Three references.
For more information, please visit the official website.